With that in mind, please allow us to be blunt: The Change to Win bosses (that Gang of Seven) got their asses kicked tonight in Pennsylvania (again).
- More than 3,000 SEIU members working directly to contact voters door-to-door or over the phone
- Extensive statewide TV ad featuring SEIU members and other workers on the air 4/17 through 4/22
- SEIU members leafleted at a Philadelphia gas station on 4/17 to inform voters about Obama’s plan to reduce gas prices
- More than 150,000 doors knocked and 17 waves of direct mail to hundreds of thousands of Democratic households
- SEIU President Andy Stern, Secretary-Treasurer Anna Burger and Pennsylvania State Council President Eileen Connelly have been campaigning across the state to turn out the vote for Obama
- Stern, Burger and Connelly introduced Obama at the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO 38th Constitutional Convention
- Burger and Connelly participating in an Election Day rally on Obama’s plans to turn around the economy
- SEIU members canvassing alongside thousands of Change to Win union members in numerous cities
Now, add the SEIU's partners in the Change to Whine federation, the Teamsters, UNITE-HERE, Carpenters, UFCW, Laborers, and UFW--all of them backing Obama--and that's a lot of members' time and dues money wasted. Obama outspent Clinton three to one in the Keystone State.
And, since 32% of Pennsylvania's union members dominated by Change to Whine unions, it appears that all their union dues have gone to back another candidate who starts strong and fizzles at the end...
Hillary should be happy that Change to Whine is in Obama's camp, as they haven't picked a winner yet, and it appears their track record at picking candidates may fail again