By pressing the Federal Election Commission to investigate whether or not Wal-Mart violated federal election laws, unions are also putting all employers on notice that you have no right to talk to your employees (or managers) on a bill that may negatively affect your business and put employees' jobs at risk--if that bill is something that union bosses want, that is.
While all media accounts seem to agree that (unlike union bosses) Wal-Mart never told its managers who to vote for, it did talk about the ramifications of EFCA on its company. According to union shill American Rights at Work's Mary Beth Maxwell, Wal-Mart "adapted their unionbusting tactics to influence our federal election system."
WHAT?!? Wal-Mart is but one company. Yet, no one apparently sees the blatant hypocrisy of that statement as union bosses spend an estmated a billion dollars of their members' money to "influence our federal election system."
While unions seemingly would rather ignore the truth, here it is:
- The Truth is: Unions have mounted an unprecented campaign to drastically alter America's union organizing system through the moronically-named Employee Free Choice Act
- The Truth is: If EFCA passes, unions will have the unfettered ability to attack compnies and browbeat their workers into signing union authorization cards
- The Truth is: Union bosses have promised, cajoled, and even threatened lawmakers into passing this measure. If lawmakers do not support it, union bosses have earmarked $10 million for efforts to oust them.
- The Truth is: EFCA will make many businesses that become unionized uncompetitive, since unionization raises the 'administrative costs' of doing business anywhere from 15% to 30%.
- The Truth is: EFCA also contains one of the most job-killing pieces of legislation ever called for--binding arbitration.
- The Truth is: EFCA will set the stage for labor battles like those in the 1930s to take place as, once an EFCA-imposed contract expires at those companies that can survive, strikes and lockouts will become more commonplace.
- The Truth is: EFCA is merely a way for labor union bosses to bring more money into their coffers and has nothing to do with freedom.
- The Truth is: Unions have already cost countless workers their jobs in heavily unionized industries.
- The Truth is: EFCA will cost more Americans their jobs.
- The Truth is: Union bosses do not want people to know the truth!
While unions often squeal like stuck Arkansas razorbacks when their opponents use the same tactics the unions use, this instant case goes beyond the bounds of normal union hypocrisy. Further, if the unions win this battle against this employer telling the truth, then all Americans should be concerned. For, if the union bosses and their like-minded ilk win this battle and companies are prohibited from telling the truth, the all Americans will lose as truth will have no place in America any longer.
For more union-related news, go to EmployerReport.com