- Late this morning, following a news story that United Airlines leaders claimed to be 'untrue,' shares of UAL dropped 60%, prompting trading on those shares to be halted.
- Over at Boeing, as we alerted you to late Friday night, 27,000 union workers have taken to the streets, halting production and affecting suppliers nationwide. The union claims to be ready for a long strike.
- In Ohio, union-backed groups, fearing a negative backlash against Barack Obama, have taken paid family leave off of the state's November referendum ballot.
- On the political front, Senator John McCain and Hockey Mom-Turned-Alaska Governor-Turned-VP Candidate Sarah Palin have moved ahead of Barack Obama and (Men's Hair Club customer) Joe Biden in the ever-important political polls for the first time ever...This, like a big purple pill, has added a bit of a bounce to Candidate McCain's stump speeches and has even prompted one feminist writer to argue for the newly-minted dynamic duo...all as Palin's pastor urges prayer for the media.
- And, as if the news couldn't get any worse for the United Auto Workers (aka the Union of Ailing Workplaces), it seems that the union's golf resort is bleeding cash...to the tune of $23 million over the last five years. [That's right, the UAW owns a golf resort--bought and paid for through its (now-unemployed) members' dues.]
For these, and many more stories, including the SEIU's ongoing battle with its own members in California, be sure to go to EmployerReport.com
Best wishes for a productive and prosperous week!